08 Aug Do I Qualify For A SEAI Energy Audit Grant And How Much Will I Receive?
Aims and goals of an SEAI energy audit? The SEAI energy audit grant is primarily aimed at sme’s in Ireland. To qualify for the grant you must have a yearly energy spend in excess of €10,000. The audit will accurately review your businesses use of resources such as oil, gas, coal, electricity. It will also look at your company fleet if applicable.
The energy audit consists of the following steps:
- A collection and gathering of your company’s energy usage data
- A site visit by a registered auditor
- A deliverable energy audit report on its findings
How the scheme works:
Once your audit is completed the SEAI will give your company a €2,000 voucher towards the cost incurred for the audit. Whilst some larger business may need a larger audit and incur more costs, this should cover the needs of the majority of sme’s. The chosen auditor will claim the cost of the audit from the SEAI directly.
How to avail of the Support Scheme
- Choose a participating energy auditor from the list of Registered Energy Auditors
- Contact the auditor directly and confirm his/her availability and the cost of the audit. If the cost exceeds €2,000 then you may wish to get quotes from other participating companies before you make your choice, as you will pay any additional costs directly to the auditor.
- Apply via SEAI’s Application Portal
- Vouchers are issued automatically to eligible applicants
- Once you’ve received your voucher, contact your chosen auditor, and arrange the audit